Public Health Awareness Skills CPD
Public Health is central to the work of all practitioners in the community and primary care. Underpinning this practitioners need to be confident in a range of skills that have been described by public health organisations as the nine public health competencies, which are defined in the Public Health Skills and Career Framework.
The Module will cover:
- Introduction to Public Health:
- What is Public Health?
- Health Promotion and Health Promotion Models
- Introduction to Ethics and Health Care
- Leadership and Service Delivery
|Start Date||Start Time||Duration||Cost||Course Code||Apply|
|Thursday 12 January 2012||The module runs for four days over 8 weeks.||Contact CPD admissions for the latest information.||NM3318||Apply Now|
For those students whose first language is not English one of the following qualifications is also required:
•Previous study in a UK University or Institution where the course is taught in English
What will I learn?
The module will enable you to:
- Critically discuss the factors that are contributing to inequalities in health, access to health care and the provision of health care
- Critically evaluate the strategies that are used to reduce inequalities in health, access to health care and the provision of health care
- Critically appraise personal performance of designing and undertaking a Needs Assessment in the workplace
- Critically discuss ways in which ethnicity and culture influence and individuals health beliefs
- Critically evaluate the ways that epidemiology and statistical data are used to increase understanding of the public health issues
- Critically analyse the content and delivery of local health strategies from a public health policy perspective and discuss the organisational issues that must be addressed when using research and policy to influence public health practice
Teaching and Assessment
Mode of delivery
Teaching methods include seminars / lectures, group work and experiential learning, MOODLE (on line), self directed study and a reflective diary.
Assessment for the module consists of a written assessment.
Funding is available through trusts.