Project Management and Evidence-based Management Short Courses
This course provides an overview of how to manage Health Informatics projects, in order to reach successful outcomes. It provides a solid foundation for anyone taking their first steps in heath informatics project management or for more experienced practitioners looking for new tools and techniques to help make their projects succeed.
|Start Date||Start Time||Duration||Cost||Course Code||Apply|
|Tuesday 4 October 2011||9:00 - 17:00||2 days||£595.00||Project Management and Evidence-based Management||Apply Now|
What will I learn?
Course materials draw on the know-how, tools and techniques used by practitioners on real-world projects. The practical exercises and assessments help students to apply the knowledge gained to their own projects.
Specific learning objectives are to:
· Understand key characteristics of Health Informatics projects
· Learn key skills in project planning, control and reporting
· Gain awareness of the key risks and threats to success
· Identify vital tools and techniques for Project Managers
· Define the best methodology for managing Health Informatics projects
Teaching and Assessment
The course is presented in ten modules, with lecture-style presentations, hands-on learning exercises and self assessment questions. There are opportunities to interact and discuss issues with the instructors and fellow students and to extend the learning experience beyond the classroom using the learning materials and open source tools provided.
1. Health Informatics Projects - characteristics and management challenges
2. The development lifecycle and the Unified Process
3. Using Agile development techniques
4. Controlling projects with PRINCE2 - governance structure and practice
5. Project Management - tools and techniques
6. Quality, quality assurance and acceptance
7. Why do informatics projects go wrong?
8. What is evidence-based management?
9. Evidence-based management of Health Informatics projects
10. Health Informatics - Project Management Checklist