Financial Legal Translation CPD
In this course you will cover financial markets, financial instruments and products in Europe and the UK, as well as terminology in the UK and France / Germany / Poland / Spain. The course includes document analysis and translation workshops.
|Start Date||Start Time||Duration||Cost||Course Code||Apply|
|Wednesday 22 May 2013||Between 09:00 - 18:00||4 days||£680.00||CE5014||Course Full|
Our tutors are experienced lecturers in law and legal translation.
This course is suitable for practicing translators and linguists interested financial legal translation.
Students should have some experience in general translation as this is a fast-paced course that is not suitable for beginner translators. Lectures on the law of France, Germany, Italy, Poland or Spain will be given in the source language. Translation workshops will also be taught in both the source and the target language. Students wishing to prepare for a short course in any area of legal translation are advised to read one or more of the following:
- Sarcevic, S. (2000) Legal Translation & Translation Theory: A Receiver-orientated Approach University of Rijeka [Online] Available http://www.tradulex.org/Actes2000/sarcevic.pdf
- Cao, D. (2007) Translating Law Clevedon: Multilingual Matters Ltd
- Owens, K. (2001) Law for Non Law Students London: Cavendish
- Tiersma, P.M. (2000) Legal Language (2nd edn) Chicago: Chicago University Press
Enrolment and refunds
The enrolment deadline is 2 weeks before the start of the course. Payment must be made in full at the time of enrolment.Refunds will be given, minus a 15% administration charge, if written notification is received at least 14 days before the start of the course. No refunds will be given with less than 14 days written notice. See Terms and Conditions for more information.
What will I learn?
- Introduction to financial markets in Europe and the UK - regulators and participants
- Introduction to financial instruments and products in Europe and the UK
- The markets in action - terminology, resources and current issues
- Securities offering prospectuses and securities listings in the UK and in France, Germany, Poland and Spain
- Financial instruments, markets and associated terminology in France/Germany/Spain/Poland
- Document analysis - financial instruments in French/German/Polish/ Spanish
- Introduction to financial reporting principles in Europe and how these are implemented in the UK
- Financial reporting - text and terminology analysis (English/German/French/Spanish/Polish)
- Translation workshops
Application Deadline:6 June 2011
As part of the enrolment process onto our Translation CPD courses, you can submit your payment on a secure payment page.
Please follow these instructions to make your payment:
- ensure you are working in Internet Explorer
- on the secure online payment page, select 'Translation CPD' from the drop-down menu.
- in the 'student number' box, write your name and the following reference: GV205 4141 for all Legal Translation CPD courses
- enter the amount in the 'amount' box (eg. £150.00), and click 'add this payment'
- enter card and cardholder details, and click 'submit'. (Include your email address if you'd like email confirmation of your payment).