Critical Thinking and Diagnostic Reasoning - Neonatal CPD
You will study the following areas: The module will run concurrently with APM010 Advance Physical Assessment of the Newborn and Infant
- Articulating a relevant review of systems
- Methods of questioning/communicating with infants and families
- Effective clinical decision making strategies supported by theoretical frameworks
- Overall clinical examination processes
- Methods of examining and managing medical and surgical neonates
- In depth management, assessment and clinical examination of the following systems: Foetal to newborn transition, Respiratory, Cardiovascular, Neurological/Developmental, Gastro intestinal, Immunological, Liver/Renal
- Methods of obtaining and communicating history taking and clinical examination findings
- Models, measurement, and strategies in developing critical-thinking skills
- Clinical decision-making
- Diagnostic reasoning in practice the ability to interpret clinical findings in relation to underlying pathophysiological processes
- Clinical Judgement
- Problem solving and reflective practice in advanced practice
- Case management in advanced practice
- Neonatal stabilisation and transfer
1st, 29th June; 6th, 13th July; 7th September 2018
|Start Date||Cost||Course Code||Apply|
|Friday 1 June 2018||Home / EU - £900; Overseas - £1,800||APM011||Apply Now|
Non EEA students can only apply as part of a programme, not as a stand-alone module.
BSc in Nursing or the equivalent. Posesses a qualified neonatal nursing certificate. A Band 6 neonatal nurse who is currently working on the neonatal unit.
For those students whose first language is not English, the following qualification is also required:
- IELTS: 7.0
Please note that due to changes in the UKVI's list of SELTs we are no longer able to accept TOEFL as evidence of English language for students who require a CAS as of April 2014.