Translation for Litigation CPD
In this course you will cover the basic principles of litigation in England and Wales, as well as France / Italy/ Germany / Poland / Spain, and take part in document analysis and translation workshops.
|Start Date||Start Time||Duration||Cost||Course Code||Apply|
|Wednesday 24 October 2012||Between 09:00 - 18:00||4 days||£680.00||CE5009||Course Full|
Tutor InfoOur tutors are experienced lecturers in law and legal translation.
This course is suitable for practising translators and linguists interested in litigation.
Students should have some experience in general translation as this is a fast-paced course that is not suitable for beginner translators. Lectures on the law of France, Germany, Italy, Poland or Spain will be given in the source language. Translation workshops will also be taught in both the source and the target language. Students wishing to prepare for a short course in any area of legal translation are advised to read one or more of the following:
- Sarcevic, S. (2000) Legal Translation & Translation Theory: A Receiver-orientated Approach University of Rijeka [Online] Available http://www.tradulex.org/Actes2000/sarcevic.pdf
- Cao, D. (2007) Translating Law Clevedon: Multilingual Matters Ltd
- Owens, K. (2001) Law for Non Law Students London: Cavendish
- Tiersma, P.M. (2000) Legal Language (2nd edn) Chicago: Chicago University Press
Enrolment and refunds
The enrolment deadline is 2 weeks before the start of the course. Payment must be made in full at the time of enrolment.Refunds will be given, minus a 15% administration charge, if written notification is received at least 14 days before the start of the course. No refunds will be given with less than 14 days written notice. See Terms and Conditions for more information.
What will I learn?
- Basic principles of company law in England and Wales - formation and dissolution of companies, corporate structure, management procedures, raising finance - analysis of key documents
- Key principles of company law and analysis of key documents used in France / Italy / Germany / Poland / Spain - corporate structure and management, raising finance, formation and dissolution of companies
- Translation workshop in separate groups
(English into one of French / Italian / German / Polish / Spanish and one of French / German / Spanish into English)
Application Deadline:10 October 2012
As part of the enrolment process onto our Translation CPD courses, you can submit your payment on a secure payment page.
Please follow these instructions to make your payment:
- ensure you are working in Internet Explorer
- on the secure online payment page, select 'Translation CPD' from the drop-down menu.
- in the 'student number' box, write your name and the following reference: GV205 4141 for all Legal Translation CPD courses
- enter the amount in the 'amount' box (eg. £150.00), and click 'add this payment'
- enter card and cardholder details, and click 'submit'. (Include your email address if you'd like email confirmation of your payment).