Asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease - MSc CPPD
The module aims to influence and change respiratory practice in relation to asthma and COPD by increasing knowledge, expertise and practical skills.
Summary of taught content:
- Overview of respiratory physiology
- Obstructive lung disease pathophysiology
- Asthma and COPD background and guidelines
- Writing a protocol for practice
- Assessment and diagnosis in chronic respiratory disease
- Pulmonary function tests and spirometry
- Pharmacological treatments in asthma and COPD
- Oxygen therapy and non-invasive ventilation
- Self-management strategies
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Smoking cessation
31st May; 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th June 2018
|Start Date||Cost||Course Code||Apply|
|Thursday 31 May 2018||Home / EU - £1,000; Overseas - £2,000||NMM048||Apply Now|
Non EEA students can only apply as part of a programme, not as a stand-alone module.
- You must be a qualified nurse or allied healthcare professional either in the UK or overseas.
Work/Clinical Placement Requirements
The module requires you to be:
- Working in a suitable practice area
- Working in a clinical placement
- IELTS: 7.0