Calling All (Aspiring) Student Entrepreneurs!
Are you looking to solve real-world problems? Have you got a business idea but no team to launch your startup with? Or are you looking for a learning opportunity to increase your employability skills?
City are inviting all City students to join our awesome CityStarters Weekend and change the world!
What is it?
Have you ever heard of 'hackathons' or startup weekends before?
Our CityStarters Weekend is a weekend-long event where all City, University of London students (developers, designers, marketers and startup enthusiasts) will come together to share ideas, form teams, build products and hopefully launch startups.
Whether you’re an entrepreneur or an aspiring entrepreneur, come to our CityStarters Weekend 2017, find your co-founder, create something beautiful and build something amazing!
Watch last year’s CityStarters Weekend highlights and you’ll definitely want to join us this year!
Our CityStarters Weekend offer you the chance to:
- pitch your idea and inspire other attendees to join your team (If you don't have an idea that's fine too, you can still vote for and join your favourite team)
- receive coaching from and network with entrepreneurs and industry professionals
- learn about validating your idea, product and customer development, learn startup methods, Minimal Viable products and so much more!
- pitch to a panel of judges for a chance to win great prizes
- find someone you can actually launch a startup with (if you want to)
- last but not least, make your CV stand out and increase your entrepreneurship skills.
Who can apply?
This event is open to students enrolled at City, University of London in 2017/18.
The CityStarters Weekend will start on Friday 27th October 2017 at 6pm. It will continue on Saturday 28th October (9am – 7pm) and finish on Sunday 29th October 2017 (9am – 7pm).
The CityStarters Weekend will take place at Cass Business School (LG002/03).
The event is free and we would love to invite as many students as possible. However space is limited so please apply as soon as possible as we will invite students on a 'first-come first-served' basis.
If your application to join the CityStarters Weekend 2017 is successful, you will be invited to pay a refundable £10 fee to reserve your place.
How to apply?
Please apply to join the CityStarters Weekend 2017 by clicking on the 'Sign up for this event' button. It'll only take a few minutes. Good luck!
The application deadline for this event is Monday 23rd October 2017, 3pm.
Are you the next Sheryl Sandberg or Richard Branson?
Join us on 27th, 28th and 29th October 2017 and make your idea happen!
*We have a fantastic group of entrepreneurs and coaches joining us at our CityStarters Weekend. Further details about the event will be available soon.