Research and Progress
About Research and Progress (RAP)
Research and Progress is the institutional-wide tool to record, monitor and report on doctoral supervision and research student progress across the institution. It has been developed in collaboration with Manchester University.
You can access Research and Progress by entering your existing City username and password on the main log-in page available here.
Research and Progress aims to:
- ensure research students are meeting with their supervisors regularly
- enable research students to manage their own personal and professional development
- ensure consistency of practice across City, University of London
- enhance City's research student community
- ensure compliance with relevant policy
- improve research degree qualification rates
All written records of supervision meetings are expected to be retained in Research and Progress; supervisors (including external supervisors) and students are asked to discuss and agree their joint responsibility in maintaining these records.
- Help for Research Students with recording your meetings with your supervisory team can be found here
- Help for Supervisors with commenting on your meetings with research students can be found here
External supervisors are advised to discuss the requirements of Research and Progress with the institution's member of the supervisory team. Please contact the School/Department Research Administrator initially if you are unable to access the facility.
- Additional guidance for academic staff is available here.
- Guidance for administrative staff is available here.
- Additional guidance for Research Students can be found here.
- A list of file types and file extensions that are supported by Research and Progress is available here.
- A list of common FAQs about Research and Progress is available here.
To provide feedback on Research and Progress please use the Comments and Suggestions box on the main login page referred to above.