Santander internship funding (for SMEs)
As a partner of Santander Universities, City can provide small and medium-sized enterprises with funding and recruitment support for internships and temporary roles.
City is part of the Santander Universities network and therefore eligible to participate in the internship programme which aims to create around 2,000 internships for university students and graduates.
The Santander Universities SME Internship Programme is an entrepreneurial internship programme that provides students and recent graduates paid work experience with local businesses. The programme enables participating local businesses to recruit final year students and recent graduates from City to undertake valuable work experience.
- Santander contributes £150 per week towards each internship and the SME must also contribute £150 per week – so the candidate is paid £300 per week minus payroll and tax contributions.
- The SME must have a turnover of less than £50m and have fewer than 250 employees.
- Internships are open to current students and graduates from City.
- Internships must be for between 4 to 10 weeks in duration.
- A maximum of five internships per SME is allowed during the year.
The recruitment process
- Unitemps is the internal recruitment service at City that will manage the allocation of funding for this programme
- The SME must sign the Funding Agreement in order to be allocated funding. The SME then processes the funding through its own payroll.
- All internships will be advertised online at Unitemps and CVs will be sent to you for review.
- Unitemps will arrange interviews and assist with offers
- The intern will be paid by the SME. The SME will invoice City on a monthly basis for the funding it is entitled to.
How can you sign up?
Please contact Kay Shah on +44 (0)20 7040 4684 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to participate in the programme.