Banking Finance and Consultancy Fair
- When will this event be taking place?
- Exhibitor list
- Target audience
- Aim of the event
- How can exhibitors prepare for this event
- Attendance & Marketing
- Exhibitor package
- Special packages
- Fair sponsorship
- Previous Banking, Finance & Consultancy Fairs at City
- Request a booking form
Date: 2 October 2013
Time: 13.30 - 16.30
Venue: Great Hall, City University main campus
Attendance fee: £550 + VAT*, with a discount for organisations that book before May. You can also choose to sponsor a section of the fair brochure to gain extra exposure and generate more interest in your opportunities.
We are pleased to announce that this fair will be sponsored by the Royal Bank of Scotland
ACCA, BDO LLP, Bloomberg, CIMA, Citi, Deloitte, ICAEW, Inside Careers, KPMG LLP, Management Solutions Europe UK Limited, Mercer, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Royal Bank of Scotland, Willis...with more to follow.
The fair will be aimed at all our undergraduate students who are thinking of pursuing a career in the Banking, Finance, Accountancy and Consultancy sectors and it will also be open to postgraduate students from Cass Business School, who are thinking of applying for graduate schemes. First year students are encouraged to attend so that they can research organisations and vacation opportunities. Further information about the range of courses at City and their academic content can be found here.
Aim of the event
Our aim is to help both our students and recruiting companies and organisations by giving them the opportunity to meet and discuss recruitment plans and practices. We hope the event will be a chance for you to share with prospective applicants what you expect of them and how they can make the most of their applications to you.
Students would expect to meet with company representatives as well as human resources/recruitment staff who are well informed about the organisation and able to provide insight into the job tasks, company culture and career paths you offer.
How to prepare for this event
Based on feedback from previous fairs at City, students were impressed with exhibitors that:
- Had a number of representatives from various divisions of the business at the fair
- Had City alumni attending the event
- Were prepared to answer questions on the application and interview process
- Were enthusiastic and eager to engage with the student
Students were disappointed with exhibitors that:
- Kept directing them to the company's website
- Did not look willing to engage with them and answer their questions
Attendance and Marketing
This is one of our largest recruitment fairs on campus, and is early in our Autumn Term, when interest from students is at its height. Furthermore, we are running the fair on a Wednesday afternoon, when no lectures are being held at the University (all lectures finish at 12/1pm) to ensure maximum attendance. The fair will be broadly advertised on our website and intranet, through email alerts to academic departments and students and via brochures and posters around campus.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to raise your profile on campus and generate high quality applications across all disciplines at the very start of the recruitment season, ensuring that final and pre-final year students are aware of you and your graduate vacancies and work experience opportunities.
The attendance fee for our 2013 Banking, Finance and Consultancy fair is £550 + VAT*. This covers:
- Company information and logo in the fair catalogue. Copies will be available to students in print and online before and after the fair. You will also have the opportunity to place additional advertisement within the brochure. Costs are outlined on our booking form.
- Hyperlink to your website from our student pages.
- Your company name with a link to your website on all email alerts sent prior to the event
- Company name on all posters produced for the event
- A table and two chairs will be provided for each stand. Companies are welcome to bring their own promotional stands (note that maximum stand width accommodated is 2.5 metres and we cannot supply electrical power for lights and power points)
- Friendly student support for setting up and clearing away
- Light buffet lunch before the event
- Refreshments (tea, coffee) available during the event
We are offering the following rates for organisations that wish to attend more than one fair:
Banking, Finance & Consultancy + Engineering, Science & Technology = £750 + VAT
Sponsoring a fair is a great way to show your interest towards our students and enhance your brand awareness on campus. We are open to suggestions on how you see your brand and image can be advertised, to enable maximum exposure.
As this is our most popular event on campus, sponsoring it will help you get maximum exposure and raise awareness of your brand and opportunities amongst our students.
A fair sponsorship usually covers:
- Free and central stand space at a fair of your interest
- Your logo on all advertising material (in print and online)
- Backside colour advert on the fair catalogue and front page company logo.
- Full page 500-word editorial in the fair catalogue (1000 copies to be produced)
- "Sponsored by"- text and company logo in the fair posters (distributed in key locations across campus)
- Your recruitment literature available in central location at the Careers Centre
- Special email sent to all students a week before the fair informing them of your presence at the fair and the opportunities you have available (the email can be customised according to your preferences and will only be sent subject to your approval)
- Thank You message and link to your website on the fair web-page from now and up to 3 months after the event.
- Free PR opportunities with editorials being published in the University's staff and student e-newsletters both prior as well as immediately after the event. The sponsor's name will be mentioned in all these publications
- Full report on fair attendance statistics along with evidence of all the advertising and PR our sponsor has received (available 1 month after the event)
The fair sponsorship fee is set at £1,300+VAT, which covers:
- cost of fair brochure production (1000 copies distributed before and during the fair as well as throughout the year in the Careers Service)
- cost of catering at fair day
- cost of marketing material (posters and small "business card"-style flyers)
Please note that we only have 1 major sponsor for each of our fairs - we hope that this will give you greater brand exposure and enhance your presence on campus.
Previous Banking, Finance & Consultancy Fairs
Our 2011 & 2012 fair was sponsored by Ernst & Young
Companies that attended our 2012 fair: ACCA, American Express, Bank of England, BDO LLP, Bloomberg, CIMA, Citi, Deloitte, Direct Line Group, Ernst & Young (sponsor), graduate-jobs.com, HSBC, ICAEW, Inside Careers, KPMG, Lloyds Banking Group, Management Solutions, Mercer, Prudential, PwC, RBS, RateMyPlacement, SEO London, Standard Bank Plc, Towers Watson, WikiJob & Willis
Request a booking form
For further information and to request a booking form you can contact Manvinder Bhabra on 0207 040 8425