Common Purpose Frontrunner Leadership Programme
“Frontrunner is eye opening; it gives real life examples of what it takes to lead rather than theory alone. I would recommend it to any aspiring leader.”
Anthony Nicholls, University of Roehampton
Develop the key skills needed to impress employers and succeed in your career.
Learn more than what it means to be a leader. Learn how to lead.
Take part in an intensive three-day leadership course where you will develop your employability, leadership skills and confidence, through:
- Meeting leaders from a range of backgrounds to learn how they succeeded in their carers
- Going behind the scenes of organisations across different sectors
- Developing solutions to real-life organisational challenges.
When does Frontrunner take place?
Frontrunner is a three-day programme, which will take place from 10th - 12th April 2017. You will need to attend all three days.
What is Frontrunner?
Frontrunner is an experiential programme which takes you out of the classroom and into the city to
explore leadership in practice. You will take part in challenging discussions with leaders and go behind
the scenes of organisations, gaining hands-on experience through exploring the challenges they face.
Who is Frontrunner for?
Frontrunner is for University students over the age of 18 who want to increase their employability and improve their capacity to lead.
Over three days you will:
- Understand the skills needed for today's workplace
- Understand how decisions are made and how change happens
- Test your leadership skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Build vision, self-awareness and confidence
- Develop practical employability skills for your career.
Who could you meet?
Frontrunner participants have previously visited:
- Department for Education
- Big Lottery Fund
- ITV Central
- And many more...
What challenges could you tackle?
- Increasing public trust in banks
- Improving educational standards
- Engaging young people in the arts
- Developing a small charity into a global brand
- Tackling homelessness
A global network
Frontrunner connects you with other exceptional leaders globally through the 360 portal, the online community for Common Purpose alumni.
Through the 360 portal you can continue conversations from your programme, start new ones, collaborate with other leaders across the world on universal challenges and move your innovative solutions towards action.
There are now 62,000 Common Purpose alumni across the world who will have the opportunity to join the 360 portal. This provides an ongoing, broad source of ideas that will grow exponentially each year.
Frontrunner is provided by Common Purpose, in association with Santander Universities and the City Careers Service.