CREM publicationsRace and Ethnicity in the 21st Century, published by Palgrave Macmillan in 2010.
A report from the Paul Hamlyn Foundation research on young undocumented migrants, No right to dream: The social and economic lives of young undocumented migrants, was published (2009) and co-authored with colleagues Nando Sigona and Roger Zetter from the Refugee Studies Centre, Oxford University.
Recently published journal articles include:
- 'The Right to Rights? Undocumented migrants from Zimbabwe living in South Africa', (Sociology 2010)
- 'Irregular Migration in a globalising world', (Ethnic and Racial Studies 2011 with Milena Chimienti)
- 'Migration routes and strategies of young undocumented migrants in England: a qualitative perspective', (Ethnic and Racial Studies 2011 with Nando Sigona and Roger Zetter).
Dr Chimienti recently co-edited (with Professor Alice Bloch) a special issue for the journal Ethnic and Racial Studies, 'Undocumented migrants: policy, politics, motives and everyday lives', 2011, 34(2).
Her recently published journal articles include:
- 'Social Movements of Irregular Migrants, Recognition, and Citizenship', Globalizations, 2011, 8(3): 343-360 (with John Solomos)
- 'Irregular Migration in a globalising world', Ethnic and Racial Studies 34(8): 1271-1285 (with Alice Bloch)
- 'Mobilization of irregular migrants in Europe: a comparative analysis', Ethnic and Racial Studies, 34(8): 1338-1356.
Dr Schuster's recent publications include:
- 'Realising One's Rights under the 1951 Convention: A Review of Practical Constraints on Accessing Protection in Europe' (with Lena Karamanidou), Journal of Refugee Studies (forthcoming January 2012)
- 'Turning Refugees into "Illegal" Migrants', Ethnic and Racial Studies (34:8) 2011 pp.1392-1407
- 'Dublin II and Eurodac: The (un)intended consequences(?)', Gender, Place and Culture (18, 3) 2011 pp.401-416
- 'Engendering Insecurity: The EU Asylum Regime' in Security, Insecurity and Migration in Europe, Lazaridis, G. (ed) London: Ashgate
- 'Globalization, Migration and Citizenship' in Handbook of Race and Ethnic Studies, Hill Collins, P. & Solomos, J. (eds). London: Sage, 2010, 332-350.
He has also co-edited two books that link up with various facets of his research interests. The first is the SAGE Handbook of Race and Ethnic Studies (Sage 2010), which he edited with Patricia Hill Collins. It is a major overview of the current state of race and ethnic studies by leading international scholars in the field. The second is an edited collection co-edited with Davide Pero on Migrant Politics and Mobilisation: Exclusion, Engagements, Incorporation (Routledge 2010). This is a collection of papers by scholars working in the area of how migrants and minorities mobilise to influence political institutions.