Newsrooms and studios
Facilities in the Department of Journalism have been completely updated and enhanced as part of a £12m development project.
The new accommodation and facilities were developed in consultation with experts from the BBC and ITN, and include:
- a television studio: enabling simultaneous multi-media broadcast and a major expansion in the number of news and current affairs programmes produced
- 4 radio studios: enabling an increase in output and the potential to explore a permanent radio station
- 2 radio broadcast newsrooms: high-tech facilities that enable you to learn how to produce a radio programme
- 2 digital newsrooms: impressive modern facilities that enable you to learn the skills required to produce newspapers, magazines and websites
- 2 TV editing and production newsrooms: state-of-the-art facilities that enable you to learn about TV production.