Languages for Specific Purposes (LSP)
This page provides information about the Languages for Specific Purposes (LSP) course and the European Business Culture (EBC) course.Language for Specific Purposes (LSP) is designed to develop language skills and cultural knowledge in the foreign language chosen by students as part of their degree.
The languages available are French, German and Spanish. The LSP option is provided as part of the main core subjects of those degrees in which languages are included.
The Schools offering these language options are:
- Cass Business School
- School of Social Sciences
- School of Arts (Journalism)
- School of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences
The student can select language courses at the following levels of linguistic competence which reflect their knowledge of the language at the start of the course:
- Beginner: the students have never studied or have a very basic understanding of the language
- Lower Intermediate: pre-GCSE, working knowledge or basic understanding of the language
- Upper Intermediate: GSCE or good understanding of the language
- Advanced: A/AS-Level or comfortable use of the language.
EBC (European Business Culture)This course is designed for undergraduate students at Cass Business School who want to understand European business culture in the context of the European Union (EU) and its relevance within the globalisation of our economies and societies. It is taught in English and does not require the understanding of any language other than English.
Throughout the course the students develop their knowledge of European business culture and its dynamics in today’s globalised economy from social, economic and political perspectives.
The course helps them to synthesise the most important information within this business culture and its relevance to creating and effectively doing business across the EU.