Become an International Contact
Thank you for your interest in being an official contact of the City University Alumni Network for your local area. Over 25 per cent of our alumni live outside the UK, so local contacts abroad are invaluable in helping us develop a global City University community.
To find out if there is already a contact for your area, please visit our group pages.
If there isn't already a contact for your area and you would like to volunteer for the role, we would love to hear from you!The time commitment involved will vary depending on the number of alumni in your area and the extent to which you want to encourage local activity.
However, you will be expected to take on the role with a strong allegiance to the University and its alumni. The Alumni Relations Office will assist you with administration and publicity and, where agreed, funding for specific related activities.
(Above - Group coordinator for Singapore, Juliet Ye Zhu (Global Journalism 2008), on a recent visit back to City)
- Be the main contact for City University alumni in your area
- Share information about your experience of London and studying at City with current / prospective students
- Organise networking activities or social events according to local alumni interest
- Facilitate communication and interaction between local alumni
- Assist members of City's International Office at local student recruitment / education fairs
- Brief the alumni office of local alumni activity or points of potential interest to other alumni worldwide
- Act as a contact point for City, offering advice on local issues where relevant to the University's activities
- Comply with the University's statutory obligations in respect of data protection and other University policies as requested
- A positive affiliation with City University and a vested interest in its past, present and future
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to meet and communicate with people of all ages
- Self-motivated with the ability to use own initiative
- Experience of membership group administration and/or event organisation (or an interest in developing these skills)
- Access to email
The benefits vary according to each new volunteer but as an Alumni Group Contact you can:
- continue to interact and be involved with City life
- socialise with new people and reunite with old friends
- network with potential business contacts
- enjoy a privileged relationship with City, including the opportunity to meet senior staff and Alumni Network members
- access the latest City news and information
- enhance your CV with a range of valuable new skills, experience and responsibilities.
The time commitment involved in this role will vary depending on the number of City alumni in your area and the extent to which you want to encourage activity locally. We advise that you initially agree to a year as an international contact, at the end of which we can review how the arrangements are working.
Email us to say that you are interested in the role and we will take it from there!
Thanks again for your interest.