The LGBT+ network at City, University of London is here to raise the visibility of the LGBT+ community. It enables the group to meet regularly on matters to promote inclusivity and greater understanding and awareness of diversity here at City. The group holds events during the year that promote greater awareness of who we are as a community. We see our purpose as:
- A forum for networking and peer support between City LGBT+ Staff and other universities and external agencies.
- A forum that engages with City to support change through inclusivity and collaboration with other colleagues and areas within the the university.
- To raise awareness within the City community of LGBT+ issues and liaising with staff and the Student Union and student societies to share information.
- Collaborating with City to shape its policy and procedures on matters related to LGBT+ staff.
- World AIDS Day - December 2016
- LGBT History Month - February 2016
- IDAHOT (International Day against Homophobia and Transhobia) - 17 May 2016 - Stalls for awareness and event scheduled
- City, University of London Staff and Student PRIDE Event - June/July 2016 (Dates tbc)
- World Aids Day - 1 December 2015 - Stalls and Talk
- International Trans Remembrance Day - 20 November 2015 - Stalls on the walkway and part of the TDOR.
- National Hate Crime Awareness Week - 10-17 October 2015 - Staff/Students and Police come together to promote the awareness of what hate crimes are with focus on LGBT+ and all other aspects of hate crimes around the non- acceptance of diversity and difference.
- Fresher’s Fair Stalls - 23 September 2015 - Shared LGBT event with Staff and Students - Bisexuality Visibility.
- End of Academic Year - 31 July 2015 - Social event celebrating the City Staff LGBT+ Network
- LGBT History Month - February 2015 - Stalls to Celebrate the month and promote awareness. Showing of Pride with Q and A.