International Partnerships and Development acts as a central hub for internationalisation at City. Reporting directly to the Pro Vice-Chancellor (International) and working closely with academic Schools, central departments and external partners, our role in this respect is two-fold.
It oversees the delivery of a number of internationalisation initiatives at City:
- The Study Abroad Programme
- Staff and student exchange programmes
- The INTO City University London joint venture and the partnership with Kaplan International College London
- The World Cities World University (WC2) Network
- The Dubai Centre.
It undertakes activities to inform, coordinate and raise the profile of internationalisation at City:
- Leading on the development and implementation of the University’s Internationalisation Strategy and the production of the Annual Internationalisation report.
- Monitoring and disseminating information and guidance on internationalisation, including key developments, opportunities and best practice.
- Providing strategic advice on international matters and international partnerships to Schools and the University’s Senior Management team.
- Acting as a central of contact for overseas institutions wishing to develop a partnership with the University and coordinating visits by senior overseas delegations from prospective institutions.
- Managing all contractual and financial aspects of the University’s participation in a range of EU funded projects and programmes.
- Maintaining a central depositary and providing information on City’s agreements with international partners and agencies.