Extenuating circumstances are managed in accordance with the Assessment Regulations and Extenuating Circumstances Policy which can be found in Section 6 of the Quality Manual.
BPTC/LPC students: If you wish to make an application for Extenuating Circumstances, please do NOT use the form on e:Vision. Instead, you should be using the course-specific forms available through Moodle or the paper copy from the School Office. If you have any further queries regarding the EC application process for the BPTC or LPC programmes, please contact the Assessments Department at email@example.com.
This procedure does not applyto Research Students: please contact your Supervisor in the first instance and refer to the student appeals procedure.
Study Abroad Students: pleasecontact your School Office in the first instance for details of how to submit Extenuating Circumstances.
If you believe that you have been subject to extenuating circumstances you must make a claim no more than 7 calendar days after the affected assessment. You will need to do the following:
- Assemble your supporting evidence*;
- Access the guidance (pdf version of EC guidance) on completing the Extenuating Circumstances form;
- Access and complete the Extenuating Circumstances (EC) form through e:Vision and upload your supporting documentation*;
- Submit your e:Vision form and supporting evidence no later than 7 calendar days after the affected assessment
You may also find it helpful to refer to the Extenuating Circumstances flowchart for a simple overview of the procedure.
Your Programme Handbook includes contact details of staff in your School who can provide further information about extenuating circumstances and accompanying documentation.
* If you are unable to obtain supporting documentation by the deadline, you are still able to submit your Extenuating Circumstance form without this evidence. You must not delay submitting your Extenuating Circumstances form on the basis of not having supporting documentation by the deadline for submission – this will not be considered a valid reason for a late submission of an Extenuating Circumstances form. If you need to submit evidence after you submit your form, you will be able to note this on your Extenuating Circumstances form and suggest a date by which you hope to provide the evidence. Please note: any outstanding evidence must be either emailed to your Course Officer or submitted to your course office in person. The electronic form will not allow you to submit any evidence after you submit the form.