Nordoff Robbins Course Board
Terms of Reference
- To maintain and enhance academic quality and standards of the programmes that lead to an award of the University ensuring commensurability with University and national requirements and compliance with the Validation Agreement.
- To consider local, University or national policies and developments that will impact upon validated programmes and, where appropriate, for recommendations to be reported to the relevant University body.
- To receive from Boards of Studies proposed programme amendments and special schemes of study for subsequent recommendation to the University’s Validation and Institutional Partnerships Committee.
- To consider nominations for external examiners for subsequent recommendation to the University’s Senate.
- To take an overview of recruitment and, in particular, to monitor entry profiles.
- To consider and approve any APL/APEL recommendations for entry to the programmes.
- To receive details of staff changes and accompanying CVs with regard to those who contribute to the delivery and assessment of the programmes.
- To receive and consider Annual Programme Evaluations for subsequent report to the University’s Validation and Institutional Partnerships Committee.
- To receive and consider minutes of Boards of Studies meetings.
- To receive and respond to the University’s annual report on its meeting with student representatives.
- To receive new validation proposal outlines for subsequent recommendation to the University’s Validation and Institutional Partnerships Committee.
- To ensure compliance with the University’s requirements for the validation of research degrees as documented in the University’s Research Studies Handbook.
- To receive reports arising from validation and revalidation visits and to oversee the implementation of action/s arising for subsequent report to the University’s Validation and Institutional Partnerships Committee.
- To receive reports from the institution with validated programmes on any institutional developments that may impact upon the validation relationship including changes in governance and management, relationships with any other institutions and external quality or accreditation review, for subsequent report to the University’s Validation and Institutional Partnerships Committee.
Composition and Membership
Professor Steve Stanton
Language and Communication Science (Deputy Chair)
Language and Communication Science
Dean of Validation
Nordoff Robbins Music Therapy Centre
Director, MMT Training Programme
Dr Simon Procter
Director of Education
Dr Gary Ansdell
Education Administrator (in attendance)
Dr Cathy Warner