Education Committee (subsumed into Education and Student Committee)
Papers for the APPSC can be found here.
Terms of Reference
The Education Committee will act in an advisory capacity to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor to support him in his role overseeing and managing academic quality, standards and enhancement matters, including those aspects delegated to him by the Vice-Chancellor and by Senate.
This includes providing advice and guidance on activities and mechanisms that:
- ensure that the University’s academic provision (taught and research-based, award-bearing and non award-bearing) is of an appropriate quality and standard; and
- enhance academic practice
Specific areas in which the Education Committee will provide advice and support to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor include:
- Policies, strategies and practices that develop and/or enhance academic provision at the University (including those related to partnerships and research students).
- Policies, regulations and processes that assure the quality and standards of taught programmes. This includes assessment practice, performance and procedures.
- Policies, regulations and processes that assure the quality and standards of research study provision.
- Actions to be taken and responses to be made concerning educational quality and standards matters to external agencies, including: HEFCE; QAA; and the HE Academy. This includes advice on any external reviews to be undertaken.
Outputs from the following processes, including any actions arising:
a. Programme Approvals;
b. Periodic Reviews;
c. External QAA reviews;
d. Partnership developments;
e. External Examiner appointments.
Discussions will normally inform subsequent recommendations to Senate on matters related to academic quality and the assurance of academic standards, including matters related to academic regulations, academic policy and academic strategy.
Composition and Membership
Deputy Vice Chancellor (Chair)
Associate Deans (Education)
Arts and Social Sciences
Engineering and Mathematical Sciences
Dean of Validation
Dean of Students
Director of Learning Development
Director of Academic Services
CULSU Vice President Education
Chairs of working groups:
Development Support Manager (Secretary)
Members of Academic Services
Chief Information Officer
Director of Property and Facilities
Director of Student Services
Please note these papers available on request, contact Natalie Shepherd if you require access.