Drinking water provisions at City
Free chilled drinking water is provided for all staff and students at our Northampton Square site as part of City's participation in the www.TapWater.org scheme, which provides free drinking water at all participating venues around London and across the UK.
Free water cooler machines are currently available at:
- Northampton Square
- College Building (Ground level, outside spiral staircase and next to AG13
- Drysdale Building (Level 1, next to Careers Centre and opposite Santander Bank)
- Drysdale Building (Lower ground, mezzanine level outside ELG04 and EM01)
- Franklin Building (Level 1)
- Innovation Building (Law Library, first floor)
- Myddelton Street Building (Ground floor, opposite MG25)
- Rhind Building (Lower ground floor, next to café and toilets)
- Rhind Building (Level 2, near Staircase A)
- Tait Building (Eye Clinic, Ground level)
- Tait Building (in CLG41)
- University Building (Main library, Level 3, common area adjacent to the main stair core)
- Graduate School Library Centre (corner of Spencer Street and Goswell Road)
- Cass Business School
- Chiswell Street (2 locations on first floor)
- Aldersgate (Level 2, MBA Tea and coffee area)
- Bunhill Row (8 locations: lower ground floor, ground floor, and Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
- CitySport (Goswell Road, 5 machines available)
Additional drinking water is available at The City Law School as follows:
- Princeton Street
- Ground floor - reading room
- Third floor - staff room
- Each floor also has a drinking fountain in the passwageways
- Grays Inn Place
- Lower ground floor - library (drinking fountain)
- Kitchenettes - four locations
- Atkin Building - student common room
You are encouraged to bring your own bottle along to refill for free. City-branded water bottles can also be purchased in the Students' Union and at CitySport.
City is committed to reducing the amount of plastics on campus and therefore encourages students and staff to take advantage of the free drinking water that is available rather than purchasing water in plastic bottles.
All water provided through in-house hospitality is filtered and bottled on site into reusable glass bottles. No plastic bottles are provided.