Information for Council Members
Governance Information for Council Members
The following key documents and links are provided for those with an interest in the governance of City University London, particularly current Council Members.
The Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) has an extensive website containing key information for the sector. Of particular interest are the sections on Regulations and Leadership, Governance and Management. The Publication section includes the following:
- Guide for Members of Higher Education Governing bodies in the UK: Incorporates the Governance Code of Practice and General Principles HEFCE ref 2009/14
- Model Financial Memorandum between HEFCE and institutions HEFCE ref 2010/19
- HEFCE's Accounts Direction to higher education institutions for 2012-13 financial statements and revised Accounts Direction for 2011-12 Circular letter ref: 21/2012
- The Handbook for Members of Audit Committees in Higher Education Institutions HEFCE ref 2008/06
City University London is a member of the Leadership Foundation, an organisation which provides support for Higher Education Institutions in the UK, including a comprehensive web section on Governance and programme of events for members of governing bodies: the Governor Development Programme.
In addition there are a number of key publications which Council Members may find useful - such as the Getting to Grips guides, which include Getting to Grips with Being a Governor, Getting to Grips with Audit, Getting to Grips with Finance and Getting to Grips with Risk.
- Statement of Recommended Practice: accounting for further and higher Education 2007. Published by Universities UK
- An Insider's Guide to Finance and Accounting in Higher Education January 2011. Published by UCEA in association with BUFDG